This lip scrub will only need 3 ingredients: sugar, coconut oil, and honey.
Sugar is known to help hydrate your skin and retain moisture. It is also a great natural exfoliant.
Coconut oil helps reduce inflammation and heal wounds.
Honey’s healing property comes from its natural antioxidants and anti-microbial properties which help repair, protect, and prevent skin damage. It also provides a protective barrier to prevent infection.
A lip scrub with these 3 nourishing ingredients is the best thing dry, chapped, or dull lips could ask for. Dealing with dry and unhealthy lips is not unusual for most of us whether it’s caused by harsh dry winters or stress induced lip-biting. The best part is, it will only take 10 minutes of your time to prepare and you will see immediate results after your first use.
- coconut oil: My go to is 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Shea Moisture
- raw honey: My go to is Raw & Unfiltered Honey by Naked Wild Honey
- 2 tablespoons of organic sugar: My go to is Organic Sugar by Don Lorenzo Organic Grains
1. Begin by placing the 2 tablespoons of organic sugar into a bowl. The sugar will serve as your base ingredient for the scrub. This amount will be enough to fill a small round cosmetic travel jar just like the one pictured above.
2. I enjoy making firm scrubs, meaning I add the other ingredients gradually to achieve the desired consistency. Begin with the honey. Cover the sugar completely with honey and mix it until it turns into a firm paste. Afterwards, repeat the process with coconut oil.
3. The result for a firm scrub should look something like this. If you feel like your consistency is not firm enough, simply add more sugar.
4. Place the scrub into a small round cosmetic travel jar and store in your fridge. You can buy the container at the travel section of any supermarket or pharmacy. You can also buy it online through amazon. Preferably, purchase a glass jar instead of a plastic one.
How to Apply Lip Scrub
1. Make sure to take it out of the fridge 10 minutes before use to soften up the scrub.
2. To apply, spread the scrub over lips and gently massage for 1 minute. I know it is tempting, but do not eat any of the paste on your lips, you will be eating the dead skin cells you are exfoliating!
3. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and apply a hydrating lip moisturizer. I like to keep it simple and apply vaseline.
Keep this as a 1-time a week beauty routine right before bed.
Important: This lip scrub does not contain any preservatives, therefore it will be safe to use for up to 4 weeks only. Store your new lip scrub in the refrigerator and preferably only make it in small batches to avoid wasting any of the scrub.
And voila! You are done. Say goodbye to dry, chapped lips and show off your soft, healthy lips with this easy 5 minute lip scrub recipe.